John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Although I went to various churches while growing up, I did not trust in Christ until I was in my late 20’s when I was encouraged to read the New Testament for myself. I was very skeptical as I had seen plenty of church-going hypocrites during my earlier years and had come to believe that Christianity was no different from any other religion.
It’s very hard for me to describe the change that came over me as I went through the Gospels and then into Acts and Romans. There wasn’t a sudden flash of understanding, but I felt as if a veil or fog was being lifted and I was finally seeing what had been there all along. The Son of God came to earth as the Son of Man and died for my sins. Then He rose from the grave on the 3rd day, proving He was who He said He was. While I was His enemy, He died to save me. This still fills me with awe and love for Him.
- Today’s Puritan Audio Devotional
- Today’s Grace Gem
- Four Year Bible Reading Schedule – this five-day-per-week schedule takes you through the Old Testament once and the New Testament and Proverbs twice over a four year span
- Community Bible Chapel (Richardson, TX)
- Faith Bible Church (Springfield, IL)
- Desiring God – I have especially enjoyed John Piper’s biographical lectures from the Bethlehem Conference for Pastors.